Here at TKO we are launching our 2021 charity appeal to ensure children at the San Obrero Orphanage all get a gift this Christmas.
We have joined forces with Willow International School and the Costa Blanca People for the Christmas Gift Appeal and are asking you, our listeners, to help us make a child smile.
The San José Obrero Childrens Centre is home to around 60 children from the age of 5 to 18 housed in two residencies in Orihuela and Elche. There are also 24 children who are cared for at a day centre, and go home in the evening as well as a temporary foster care facility.
GO FUND ME PAGE
For all those unable to send a physical gift and would like the chance to give something this year we have also set up a ‘Go Fund Me.’ page. We would like to say a big thank you in advance!
However, the church-run home receives no official support or funding.
Through the Christmas Gift Appeal we are asking people to add an extra and very special pressie to your Christmas shopping list this year and give a gift to a child in need. We know that the expat community, which makes up the majority of our listeners, has a huge heart and always support local charities and good causes. Please help us make sure that these children have a special gift this Christmas.
To support the Gift Appeal, all you need to do is to buy a gift, wrap it (please make sure you label the OUTSIDE of the parcel with the intended recipeint age and male or female) and drop if off at one of the drop off points. The children are asking Santa for toys, toiletries, Christmas sweets or goodies, clothes or even a voucher in order to go shopping in the sales.
Drop off points
Your gifts can be taken to:
- Willow International School, Pueblo Bravo, Quesada 9.30am till 2.30pm Monday to Friday
- Crystals Restaurant, La Fuente Thursday to Saturday from 6pm and Sundays from 1pm
- Leddy Homes/Leddy Contractors, Calle San Miguel 9, Los Montesinos 10 till 2pm Monday to Friday
- TKO Radio & Easy Buy Properties, Avenida De La Mancha 29b, Aguas Nuevas, Torrevieja, between 9:30am till 3:30pm
- St George pub, Dog and Firkin & The Chippy, Catral 12pm – late
- The Final Whistle, Consum Sqaure, La Marina 10am – late
- PSI Consultants, Playa Flamenca 10am – 2pm Monday -Friday
Toys and gifts can be of any size or cost and all will be most gratefully received. The deadline for all gifts to be dropped off is Friday 10th December.
List of ages currently in residence