The main opposition party – Partido Popular – have crowned their new leader during their emergency congress held at the weekend in Seville.
Alberto Núñez Feijóo was formally appointed the head of the Spanish conservative party, after securing the only place on the ballot.
During his first day in office, he appointed his new shadow cabinet, including Elias Bendodo as general co-ordinator for the party, Carmen Navarro Lacoba gains shadow social policy secretary, Juan Bravo Baena as shadow economy minister and retains Carmen Navarro as shadow finance minister.
The new opposition executive features many names from Andalucia and Galicia – however eyebrows have already been raised due to a distinct lack of senior members from Madrid – including those close to regional president Isabel Díaz Ayuso.
- President: Alberto Núñez Feijóo.
- General Secretary: Cuca Gamarra.
- General coordinator: Elías Bendodo.
- Institutional Deputy Secretary: Esteban González Pons.
- Deputy Secretary for Social Policies: Carmen Navarro Lacoba.
- Deputy Secretary for Regional and Local Coordination: Pedro Rollán.
- Deputy Secretary of Territorial Organization: Miguel Tellado.
- Deputy Secretary of Economy: Juan Bravo Baena.
- President of the Electoral Committee: Diego Calvo.
- President of the Rights and Guarantees Committee: José Antonio Monago.
- General Director of Finance: Carmen Navarro.
- Projection and Image Area: Mar Sánchez Sierra.
- Cabinet Director: Marta Varela